Thursday, December 31, 2020

#throwbackthursday - 2019OneWord365


Here we are…the end of another year. I honestly had not thought much on my word for 2019 as I had a feeling it may be more of a phrase. One late night earlier this month while driving home, listening to The Garth Channel on SiriusXM, I heard him talk about a song I have heard hundreds of times and what it truly meant. But as I listened to it that night, I had a whole new appreciation and felt in some way it was related to what my word was going to be.

A few have been curious and asked about my word for the New Year. It came to me as I was talking with a co-worker the other day who is super supportive and encouraging of my “word of the year”. And while it was inspired by a phrase, I’ve chosen to narrow it down to a word.

In the song, “Standing Outside the Fire”, it speaks of those considered to either be cool/fool or strong/weak. The difference being standing outside watching or being consumed by desire and standing within!

“But you’ve got to be tough when consumed by desire

‘Cause it’s not enough just to stand outside the fire

 

There’s this love that is burning

Deep in my soul

Constantly yearning to get out control

Wanting to fly higher and higher

I can’t abide

Standing outside the fire

 

Standing outside the fire

Standing outside the fire

Life is not tried, it is merely survived

If you’re standing outside the fire”

 

Anyone that has followed my journey the last few years has seen authenticity, passion and positivity as very active and powerful adjectives in my life – ones I try to convey and live. I’m very appreciative of those that have reached out to say they enjoy my posts (and yes, the selfies too).  

Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you’re standing outside the fire. As I enter (and try to embrace as this is a hard one) 2019 and “GASP” the half-century mark on the 14th of January, I’m not satisfied to merely survive…authenticity, determination, grit, guts, passion, positivity, and purpose to live – truly wholeheartedly live every aspect of my life – to STAND within the fire. #nofearbutfabulousfiftyonfire

So…my 2019 OneWord365 is FIRE!

#simplicity2016 #steadfast2017 #believe2018 #fire2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Edition - OneWord365

I don’t even know where to begin with the ending of 2020 – there was so much I had hoped to accomplish and/or experience especially given th...